ALDI, Various Locations
- Lump Sum
- $10+ Million (Collective Value)
The South Australian supermarket landscape is expanding, with ALDI opening up stores around the state in early 2016. This large rollout required a flexible builder, with a project delivery team tailored specifically for supermarkets.
ALDI need a builder that is flexible and tailored for supermarkets.
Sarah’s customer-focused team of supermarket specialists has worked closely with ALDI, providing tailored projects to suit the discount chain’s specific needs. By working closely with local management, Sarah ensured store fit-outs meet strict timeframes set by ALDI group management based in Germany.
Some of the ALDI projects, include:
ALDI Modbury – this project needed to be of the highest quality, but in a very short time frame. Sarah also needed to manage and monitor ALDI’s nominated trade subcontractors, to ensure they could meet the strict programme requirements.
ALDI Parafield Gardens – one of the first ALDI supermarkets to be built in SA and included the new building, storm water drainage and car park, over 2,000m2 in total.
ALDI Hallett Cove – a complicated project that required Sarah to re-route deliveries for other store tenants, due to the redesign of the existing car park.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Property management team had strict timeframe to handover to store management in order to train staff. Scheduling expertise ensured deadlines were met.
- Design changes from client during project. Sarah’s willingness and ability to adapt to changes quickly was paramount in getting the job done.
- Sarah brought innovation to the floor plan design, saving the client hassles in the future.
- High level industry knowledge saved time and money.
- Sensitivity and awareness of limitations of the initial design and the ability to communicate this to the benefit of ALDI.
- Excellent sub-contractor management to ensure time-frames met.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions