ALDI, Various Locations
- Lump Sum
- $10+ Million (Collective Value)
The South Australian supermarket landscape is expanding, with ALDI opening up stores around the state in early 2016. This large rollout required a flexible builder, with a project delivery team tailored specifically for supermarkets.
“The standard of build, the advanced planning and proactive approach in relation to any issues that arose during construction was exemplary which greatly assisted in the success of the project and completing ahead of program”.Karl Sampson, Property Manager
ALDI need a builder that is flexible and tailored for supermarkets.
Sarah’s customer-focused team of supermarket specialists has worked closely with ALDI, providing tailored projects to suit the discount chain’s specific needs. By working closely with local management, Sarah ensured store fit-outs meet strict timeframes set by ALDI group management based in Germany.
Some of the ALDI projects, include:
ALDI Nuriootpa – With a Christmas deadline project delivery was accelerated allowing ALDI to open for trade over the Christmas period. Sarah’s ability to integrate fit out with base build allowed for a quick build and successful project outcome for the client.
ALDI Modbury – this project needed to be of the highest quality, but in a very short time frame. Sarah also needed to manage and monitor ALDI’s nominated trade subcontractors, to ensure they could meet the strict programme requirements.
ALDI Parafield Gardens – one of the first ALDI supermarkets to be built in SA and included the new building, storm water drainage and car park, over 2,000m2 in total.
ALDI Hallett Cove – a complicated project that required Sarah to re-route deliveries for other store tenants, due to the redesign of the existing car park.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Property management team had strict timeframe to handover to store management in order to train staff. Scheduling expertise ensured deadlines were met.
- Design changes from client during project. Sarah’s willingness and ability to adapt to changes quickly was paramount in getting the job done.
- Sarah brought innovation to the floor plan design, saving the client hassles in the future.
- High level industry knowledge saved time and money.
- Sensitivity and awareness of limitations of the initial design and the ability to communicate this to the benefit of ALDI.
- Excellent sub-contractor management to ensure time-frames met.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions