Clayton Church Homes, Magill Aged Care Apartments
- Clayton Church Homes
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Design and Construct
- $16 Million
Set overlooking the picturesque Adelaide Hills, Clayton Church Homes Magill is a 95-bedroom aged care facility.
Sarah’s project team managed the design development, building rules consent and construction phases and were able to complete the project before its due date and received the highest possible Commonwealth accreditation.
“I am proud and very happy with the project and the way Sarah Constructions have once again provided Clayton Church Homes with a quality facility.
At this time I am unsure of our next project, but I am sure Sarah Constructions will be asked to tender for whatever it is. The working relationship and your quality of workmanship clearly indicates to me we will be working together again in the future.
Thank you and once again congratulations to your team.”
Andrew J Case, CEO - Clayton Church Homes
Great views but an even better design.
The team’s design intent was to optimise the building layout by creating a series of structural beams, spanning from external walls to internal corridors. This provided the flexibility to create higher ceilings, particularly in the corridors where service infrastructure routes were required for the main service runs.
Structural steel, manufactured off-site, dramatically reducing on-site construction time. The development also boasts significant natural light through incorporating solar E-glazing, gas boosted solar heat exchange system, sub-terrain irrigation and external parkland walking trails with soft fall bitumen.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- High financial sensitivity due to the collapse of a previous builder. The solid background and financial stability of Sarah and sub-contractors was critical in providing customer reassurance.
- Value management – Sarah included the client in the design process, providing them ownership of critical decisions.
- Issues with ground compaction on site – from previous contractor. Sarah provided recourse support to mitigate existing ground conditions.
- Project completed with exceptional quality, ahead of schedule.
- Level of high service through skilled team members and regular, informative updates.
- Sarah actively involved and collaborated with Clayton Church Homes to take them on the journey of design.
- More than builders, managers of all stakeholders to get the best outcome for our clients – Sarah excels at this.
- Customer focus, first and foremost.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions