Wilderness School, Various Projects
- Wilderness School
- Managing Contractor converted to Guaranteed Maximum Price
- $15+ Million
- Winner 2017 MBA Excellence in Commercial/Industrial Building $5 Million - $10 Million
- Winner Commercial Construction 2017 AIB Professional Excellence in Building Awards (SA Chapter) Commercial Construction $5 Million - $25 Million
- Winner 2017 AIB Professional Excellence in Commercial Construction $5 Million - $25 Million (SA Chapter)
- High Commendation 2017 AIB Professional Excellence in Interior Construction (SA Chapter)
– Browns Building
– Drama (Memorial Hall)
– Junior School
– Performing Arts
– Science Facility
At Wilderness School – South Australia’s oldest independent girls’ school – they have a saying, “There is no passion or dream that cannot be fulfilled here.” You could say that the same goes for the look and feel of the learning environment, the buildings and surrounds where young girls learn to become exceptional women.
“Sarah Constructions brought their expertise to bear in the pre-construction phase working closely with the school and the architects to ensure the best outcome. They have been a key partner in working with the school to ensure our projects are completed in the most time efficient and cost effective way. They understand the complexities of building within our operating school and have done so with sensitivity, flexibility and respect.”Jane Danvers , Principal - Wilderness School
Paving the way for a bright future.
Sarah has worked with Wilderness since 2010, to create progressive learning facilities for students, in accordance with the campus master plan. Significant projects include: the Wilderness School of Performing Arts, Junior School, Science Facility, Memorial Hall and of course, the building named to honour the school’s founders, the “Brown’s House”. These projects have been a mix of complex restorations of the original buildings, along with state-of-the-art facilities, designed to encourage students to share ideas and to find their voice. Wilderness School is home to over 1,000 students and situated within a residential neighbourhood, so careful considerations needed to be made during every project. For Sarah, project management has always been the key. Much of the invasive work needed to be completed outside of school contact hours – at the end of school terms and on weekends, to meet the strict deadlines and budget parameters.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Presence of significant trees. Sarah worked with Wilderness to alter designs to incorporate tree restrictions.
- Separate building works and students. Comprehensive fencing and walkways enabled school to operate as normal. Noisy works were scheduled before school, at lunch, and after school.
- Neighbouring property concerns. Construction in sensitive areas with tightly constrained site bound by main roads. Sarah provided upfront advice and regular communication with all stakeholders to successfully manage neighbour concerns.
- Project completed on time, ready for a major drama production. Received with significant expression of client satisfaction.
- Delivered project with no interruptions to school life and learning.
- Relationship built on working understanding and mutual respect.
- Sarah recently ran a tour for Year 10 – 12 students to provide an understanding of the day to day works of construction and potential career pathways.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions