Private Investors, 170 Fullarton Road
- Private Investors
- Office / Commercial
- Design and Construct Fixed Lump Sum
- $10 Million
170 Fullarton Road is a 5-storey office complex in Dulwich. The $10 million building includes a two-level underground carpark and basement and three levels of office space.
The underground area required mechanical ventilation because of its small size, to ensure enough airflow was delivered to the lower levels for the safety of workers.
When Sarah came on board the project, the final design was not complete; on-going flexibility accommodated changing designs. The building features an external alucobond and CFC façade with high performance glazing. The carpark is fitted with wireless transponders, which eliminates the need for access cards to enter. The building was completed on time and on budget.
Taking offices to the next level.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Ground contaminants on site. At the early stage Sarah identified the potential issue of uncertain contamination. This was managed in a cost effective way to mitigate potential risk.
- Site access was limited and logistically difficult due to very close neighbouring properties. Sarah implemented creative structures for fall protection to mitigate risk to close neighbours.
- Project built on time and on budget.
- Positive feedback regarding minimal disruption to neighbouring properties.
- Regular and insightful communication with project partners was a key to the success of this project.
- Sarah provided proactive problem solving without needing to be asked, even when the issues were not the direct responsibility of Sarah.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions