Adelaide Football Club, New Training and Entertainment Facility
- Adelaide Football Club
- Building Consultant / Fixed Price Contract
- $20 Million
Sarah was enlisted to bring to life a new training facility for the Adelaide Football Club at AAMI Stadium.
The project required an extension of the existing training facility on the ground floor, then, building of a new one above. Work started over summer with only three months to get the temporary training facility prepared for the new season.
Sarah successfully completed the major internal demolition, delivering the new training and entertainment facility. It included a mezzanine level entertaining area that overlooks the training floor; the Crows Museum; café; replica locker room and teaching resource area.
The project was awarded a Master Builders Excellence Award, for excellence in a commercial/industrial building ($10 million – $20 million). The Australian Institute of Building also awarded it at both the state and national levels, for professional excellence in building.
Sarah gave the AFC something to crow about.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Scheduling sensitivities around football games. Sarah maintained close and regular communication to ensure zero interference.
- Building over top of existing building. An experienced team was utilised to cut through the floor below to insert support columns whilst the facility remained operational.
- Delivered certainty around timeframe adherence.
- Unique solutions designed and developed to save time and money.
- Efficiencies during handover process
- Excellent customer service and understanding of the Adelaide Oval operating requirements.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions