30 schools in 18 months.
30 schools in 18 months. That was the challenge accepted by Sarah as part of the Government’s BER Programme.
The sheer enormity of the work meant that Sarah needed to establish a number of industry partnerships with key sub-contractors in order to complete all works safely and on time. On top of the complex nature of managing the large number of projects with fixed completion dates, the Government programme also required a minimum of 10% “trainee” labour on each site. This wasn’t a problem for Sarah, given the company’s ongoing commitment to training and development within the building industry. The Construction Industry Training Board also gave its tick of approval for the way Sarah embraced this requirement of the works.
If DPTI managing the S.A. program didn’t meet the completion date, funding wasn’t guaranteed. Yet Sarah rose to the occasion by successfully completing all 30 public, private and Catholic school projects within the nominated time frames. Sarah also successfully maintained an open line of communication with each school, so that they could manage any additional items of work achievable within the available budget.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Alberton Primary School, GLA and Multi-purpose area
- Blakeview Primary School, GLA
- Craigmore High School Science Lab
- Elizabeth Downs Primary School New Gymnasium
- Glen Osmond Primary School, GLA
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School, Multi-purpose facility
- Highgate Primary and Junior Primary, GLA and Multi-purpose Area
- Mitcham Primary and Junior Primary, GLA, Multi-purpose Hall and Library Refurbishment
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Multi-purpose Hall
- Pedare Christian School, Multi-purpose Area
- Playford Primary School, Gymnasium
- Brigids Primary School, GLA
- Columba College New Gymnasium
- St Columba College, Hall
- St Columba College, Science Laboratory
- Francis De Sales College, GLA and Multi-purpose Area
- Dominican School, Semaphore, GLA and Multi-purpose Area
- Immanuel College, Tech Centre and refurbishment projects
- Hills Christian Community School GLA and Hall
- Allenby Gardens Primary School GLA and Hall
- Eden Hills Primary School GLA
- Woodville Primary School, Multi-purpose Hall