Campbelltown Council, Memorial Oval Sports Hub
- Campbelltown Council
- Fixed Price
- $7.1 MIllion
A joint venture between Campbelltown Council and the Australian Government, the Memorial Oval Sports Hub transforms Campbelltown Memorial Oval into a modern sporting and community hub. The $7.1 million development features a brand new two-storey multi-use building, realigned cricket pitch, community function rooms, touch football area, plus expanded and upgraded storage, toilet and parking facilities. The new sports hub is a safe, accessible and highly functioning destination, providing quality sporting and recreational facilities for local sports clubs and the wider community.
Campbelltown Council engaged Sarah Constructions after the successful delivery of the ARC project in 2016. The key remit was to create a contemporary, integrated, multi-purpose hub suitable for different activities and clubs, and finished to a very high standard. Sarah worked closely with the client and the architect to capture design intent, providing samples and prototypes to ensure quality expectations were met. This collaborative approach also extended to the sports clubs, who were allowed site access during the build, involving them in the construction process.
The Memorial Oval Sports Hub features timber cladding, two different types of exterior finish, feature ceilings and bi-fold walls to integrate the outdoors with indoors. For Campbelltown Council, this project has delivered an ideal icon in celebration of their 150th anniversary.
“The universal feedback from all stakeholders and Peak Sporting Bodies has been amazing and the new facility has become the envy of most sports clubs in Adelaide.
Your project team was exceptional. Their attention to detail and willingness to work with Council was exemplary; the success of the overall project would not have been possible without their enthusiasm, dedication and desire to ensure the best outcome was realised for our Community.
This is the second major project Sarah Constructions has undertaken for Council and we could not have been happier with the outcome on either project. The overall experience of Campbelltown Memorial Oval has been very positive and has led to an outstanding facility being developed for our Community to use. I would have no hesitation in recommending Sarah Constructions to undertake work for Campbelltown Council in the future.”Paul Di Iulio, Chief Executive Officer - Campbelltown City Council
Commitment To Quality For Campbelltown Council’s Landmark Sports Hub
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Unorthodox building footprint. Setting out the main footprint of the building was challenging due to its unorthodox shape. Sarah ensured a dedicated surveyor was on site to oversee this work. It was then triple-checked by the site supervisor and cross-checked by an independent surveyor.
- Managing independent external contractors. The client engaged external contractors to complete the landscaping works, which presented various logistical challenges. The Sarah team managed this process and coordinated regular meetings to ensure all works could be completed with minimal impact to other teams; keeping everyone focused on achieving the client’s end goal.
- Clash detection and resolution. The Sarah team identified and resolved architectural and structural alignment issues, which required further collaboration between consultants. Sarah worked closely with subcontractors and suppliers to mitigate delays by procuring and resourcing on site.
- High quality finishes were a priority for the client. The Sarah team delivered an exceptional result for Campbelltown Council. Members of the community have provided positive feedback about the aesthetic of the building, which features unusual timber cladding – a first for Sarah Constructions.
- Program targets achieved. Program constraints required the project be built in two stages concurrently; Sarah fast-tracked the critical path of the building to ensure program schedule was maintained. The clients superintendent specifically noted their appreciation of the effort the Sarah team made to finish the project on time.
- Stress-free project delivery. This landmark project was of utmost importance to the council, clubs and the community. The collaborative approach facilitated an enjoyable project journey and delivered a very high standard end result- for everybody involved.
- Mitigating delays. The Sarah team exceeded expectations by mitigating delays that threatened the project;by providing an additional project assistant and safety officer, Sarah ensured quality was not sacrificed in favour of sticking to program.
- Cost Savings without quality compromise. Sarah was able to deliver $200k worth of savings to the client while achieving top quality and design intent. This is due to the team’s extensive experience and collaborative relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Solution focused approach. This project exemplifies Sarah’s focus on delivery and proactive, problem-solving approach. Whether it’s documentation inconsistencies, unforeseen additional works, or scheduling issues, Sarah Constructions is always ready with a solution.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions