Anglicare, Grandview Court
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Construction Management
- $20 Million
Anglicare’s Grandview Court is a modern $20 million aged care facility in Trott Park. The design features four wings, each located around a central common area. Each wing contains 30 bedrooms with ensuites, dining rooms, lounges, nurses’ stations and kitchens.
Smart systems for aged care.
Made of precast concrete and structural steel with suspended concrete slab, the building features contrasting coloured CFC cladding and bade walls to reduce the impact of the acid washed colour precast façade.
The 16,900 m2 building was developed with a range of environmental and technological considerations, including external glazing to minimise air conditioning and energy use.
A roof stormwater system flows water to an underground storage tank, which is then recycled to the commercial laundry and landscaping irrigation system. The kitchen was fitted with a Winbock smart system, a self-cleaning stainless steel ceiling over the entire cooking area, incorporating all air-conditioning, exhaust, ventilation and lighting.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- The build site contained extensive rock which presented a high potential cost risk, Sarah proactively mitigated this up front through site testing and skilled assessment.
- Cost savings achieved through bringing a mobile crushing plant on site to crush and re-use rock material in the build.
- The kitchen included an innovative self-cleaning ceiling system from Germany. Sarah selected a skilled supplier to ensure successful installation.
- Completed on time and on budget.
- Elements of distrust from previous works by other contractors existed. Sarah worked hard to maintain an open and honest communication style throughout the build.
- Closeout and handover executed perfectly.
- Along the way Sarah built trust through delivering project certainty, developing a strong foundation for future relationships.
- The site was in an exposed location that left it vulnerable to damage and theft during construction. Sarah implemented cameras and monitoring to protect assets on site.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions