Cementing Immanuel College’s tradition of excellence for years to come.
Immanuel College has a tradition of excellence. The school’s innovative learning environment has always been a factor when encouraging students to “shoot for the stars”. Sarah was contracted to build their state-of-the-art Senior School building, which needed to be more than an ordinary two-storey school building. This modern learning facility had one key objective: to foster collaboration.
Not without its challenges, Sarah worked hard to bring the old together with the new. A key requirement was to find a way for the original 1954 solid brick boys’ boarding house to be integrated with the modern curves of the new Margaret Ames Centre, which sits directly next door. And Sarah found a way.
Students, teachers and school visitors are now greeted by an elaborate façade and architectural finishes, including polished concrete floors and a comprehensive AV/IT system. Once inside, it’s a world of open-plan learning areas, interconnecting classrooms, plus first-class drama and library facilities. All of it with contemporary feel, designed to encourage original thinking from students and teachers alike – the first secondary teaching space of its kind in South Australia.
- 2015 SA Architecture Awards - Educational Architecture
- AWCI SA Excellence Award (Association wall and ceiling industry)
- Winner 2015 MBA Excellence in Commercial/Industrial Building $10 Million - $20 Million
- Winner 2015 AIB Professional Excellence in Commercial/Industrial Development $10 Million - $50 Million (SA Chapter)
- High Recommendation 2015 AIB Professional Excellence in Commercial/Industrial Development $10 Million - $50 Million (National)
“Sarah Constructions have been an exceptional company to work with in the construction of our award winning Margaret Ames Centre.
The Sarah’s team were positive and genuine. We were impressed with the collaborative way in which they worked with us and our architect to achieve an outstanding outcome.
Their commitment during construction and post construction is unparalleled against any construction company I have worked with.”