South Australia’s largest disability support precinct brought to life
Successful completion of stage 2 & 3 of Minda Incorporated’s 10-year Master Plan, delivered a historic milestone for the organisation.
Minda CEO, Cathy Miller said “This is a landmark day in Minda’s 120-year history because it offers an opportunity to replace outdated living arrangements for more than 170 residents with new accommodation that combines the comfort of home with a contemporary model of service delivery and state-of-the-art technologies,”
In completing stage 2 & 3 of the Masterplan, Sarah Constructions delivered:
- 2 new multi-story residential towers at Brighton Dunes residential complex, with 70 luxury apartments; including 4 exclusive penthouses.
- 2 new three-story residential buildings to house Minda residents.
- A new Lifestyle Precinct consisting of 4 single story buildings.
- 18 new, self-contained residential dwellings to house Minda residents and clients.
- Site-wide infrastructure including roads, extensive landscaping, pathways and public spaces.
All residential living options reflect best practice in Universal Design Principles and Ageing in Place. The project also included a wetland area, amphitheater, community garden, coastal nursery, pedestrian friendly paths and integration with the coastal park.
Through the newly upgraded facilities, Minda Inc now operates a progressive and vibrant, integrated urban village, that provides the largest disability support precinct in South Australia.
- Winner 2019 Australian Institute of Building Professional Excellence in Building Awards (SA Chapter) - Commercial Construction $50+ Million
“As the largest project of its kind in South Australia, it was vital for Minda Inc. to find a construction partner that understood not only the scope of the operation, but the unique environment in which we operate.
The approx. $90 million project, delivered within 17 months and driven with a strong ethos of collaboration, created a space where we had to develop a relationship of trust and mutual understanding to confidently achieve the best outcomes together.”