Resthaven, Resthaven Murray Bridge
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Construction Management
- $16.5 Million
- High Commendation 2019 Australian Institute of Building Professional Excellence in Building Awards (SA Chapter) - Commercial Construction $1 Million to $25 Million
The Resthaven Murray Bridge redevelopment represents more than additional aged care beds and jobs for the community. Over 4 stages, the project improved facilities, landscaping, service upgrades, a new community building, impressive reception and administration area, café, hairdresser, shop and library. This expansion and upgrade positively strengthens Resthaven’s presence in the community, turning the Murray Bridge facility, into a landmark.
The key remit when Resthaven engaged Sarah Constructions, was to deliver each stage of the project with minimal interruptions to existing operations and the movements of residents on site. To ensure this, Sarah took a heavily staged approach to works and service infrastructure, with detailed programming.
The Murray Bridge aged care development, combined with state of the art facilities, is timely as Resthaven celebrates its 60th birthday. This project ushers in a new era for the Murray Bridge facility, one of twelve high quality Resthaven aged care homes throughout South Australia.
“I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the Sarah team for delivery of an outstanding aged care precinct. Sarah’s commitment to quality across all stages of the project is commendable…you can see the attention to detail and pride that has been taken to complete the project. The staff and residents are extremely happy, as am I – the project was delivered to our high expectations.
We look forward to working again with Sarah Constructions on future projects.”Emmet O'Donovan, Manager - Buildings & Capital Projects, Resthaven
Creating A Landmark: A New Era For Resthaven Murray Bridge
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Working in and around an operational facility housing 80 residents required extra attention and care. Sarah incorporated temporary structures, special access, and considerable hoarding for resident safety into the project, to ensure disruption was minimal.
- Mid-way through the project, the team discovered Council infrastructure pipework that had not been documented. To avoid the need for relocation and inevitable delays, Sarah redesigned the civil works to maintain continued operations.
- Integrating old structures with the design of new structures, often presents challenges. Sarah conducted considerable investigative work and pre-planning, to ensure this was coordinated and managed to the highest standards.
- The external facade of the main building (stage 3) has been warmly received by the local Murray Bridge community. Constructed of stone veneer, with painted CFC feature panels and feature brickwork, it provides striking and impressive street frontage for Resthaven Murray Bridge.
- Sarah’s attention to detail and commitment to high quality delivery ensured the handover of an immaculately finished product. This allowed residents to move into the facility without delay and avoided early stage teething issues.
- Throughout construction, staff and residents participated in daily activities unhindered. This was a key client concern that Sarah managed via detailed
- Sarah’s extensive experience in aged care construction ensured the project team was fully equipped to manage issues when, and even before, they arose. Sarah’s people first approach was integral to seamlessly facilitating Resthaven’s operations into the build.
- The Sarah team exceeded expectations by collaborating with Resthaven on the finer details of programming and staging works. By re-sequencing to accommodate internal movements and meticulous planning of service installation, the project was completed with minimal inconvenience.
- The Sarah team went above and beyond to provide temporary services and structures for Resthaven and its residents. Sarah’s superior communication skills eased the considerable back and forth in site meetings, and execution
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions