Allity Aged Care, Somerton Park
- Allity Aged Care
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Fixed Price
- $25.5 Million
Blending together the high-end finish of a hotel with the function and comfort of an aged care facility, this $25.5 million project is Allity’s new flagship centre. The 3 storey new build features 101 bedrooms with associated lounge and activity spaces, external terraces, landscaping, commercial kitchen, laundry, staff room, storage and basement car park. This project is a successful example of Sarah Constructions’ flexible, solutions-focused approach.
Allity engaged Sarah Constructions with a fixed lump sum for the development and a brief to achieve the absolute best finishes possible, including broadloom carpet, architraves, feature lighting, timber moldings and high quality wallpaper. Also of great importance was the resident experience via a seamless handover. Through a very deliberate and strategic focus on sequencing, the Sarah project team successfully delivered final handover 7 weeks ahead of schedule.
The completed development provides Allity with a benchmark facility and a physical example of the company’s mission to “change the face of aged care”. For Sarah Constructions, it was an exciting opportunity to bring together a highly skilled team to deliver exceptional results.
Changing The Face Of Aged Care With Pride In Exceptional Delivery
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Basement Groundwater + New Methodology. Significant groundwater was discovered in the basement that was not identified by the original design team. If left unresolved this would have caused on-going issues for the client. The Sarah team redesigned the methodology with the existing consulting team, by adding additional levels of protection, including waterproofing and passive drainage to avoid water ingress.
- Clever Sequencing For Early Delivery. It was important to the client to have a seamless handover to avoid disruptions to residents once they had moved in. However, design challenges like the basement groundwater threatened delays. The Sarah team was able to make up lost time by re-sequencing the building structure and facilitating quicker site deliveries. Heavy emphasis was also placed on closing out zones and the seamless flow between trade works being completed.
- Overcoming Limited Access With Detailed Logistics. There was extremely restricted site access due to the building taking up almost all of the available footprint. Sarah closely managed trade access with a detailed delivery schedule and booking system, whilst also ensuring close communication with the Council for coordination of on-street parking, to eliminate the chance of multiple deliveries at once and the associated issues.
- Immaculate High-End Finish. A key remit of the brief was an extremely high-end finish which Sarah successfully delivered. The building features intricate carpentry plus bespoke joinery adding features and interest, which flows right through to high quality tiles and tapware. From the outset, this requirement was a strong focus for the team and upheld by the site manager who was chosen for his strong fit-out background.
- Easy, Inclusive Process. The client valued Sarah’s inclusive, collaborative approach. At the same time, it was made sure that the client experienced a worry-free build, as potential issues were anticipated and dealt with by the Sarah team before problems were realised.
- Early Delivery + Opportunities For Immediate Sales. The Sarah team not only facilitated early delivery but also, prior to completion, delivered a fully finished suite to use as a sales suite. Separate and safe access within the construction zone was created for the sales team and potential residents to view the completed room. By fast-tracking completion of the sales suite, Sarah enabled the client to sell rooms before the overall facility was completed.
- Design Expertise + Forward Thinking. Sarah’s design expertise and ability to spot potential design issues before they became problems was highlighted by the client. The Sarah team was praised for their willingness to adapt and incorporate changes throughout the project to achieve the best result.
- Flexible, Non-Contractual Approach. Through their collaborative values and commitment to delivery, the Sarah team exceeded client expectations. This meant that, despite the contract being construct-only, Sarah’s design knowledge and creative solutions delivered additional value.
- Attention To Detail + Pride. Sarah’s attention to detail and pride in the finished product was praised by the client post-delivery. Achieving the high quality of finish required excellent people management by Sarah, to educate trades and put processes in place to progressively coordinate the sequencing of finishes to maintain the desired result.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions