A No-Compromise Approach to Quality for a World-Class College
Concordia College’s St John’s campus is located in leafy Highgate and is home to students from the Early Learning Centre (ELC) to Year 6.
In 2021, Sarah Constructions was selected to deliver a substantial upgrade to the site, master planned to enhance educational outcomes and significantly increase the College’s capacity.
The staged approach allowed for the continual operation of the College during construction and has delivered world-class, fit-for-purpose facilities including:
- Completely refurbished ELC and Junior Primary classrooms
- Interior upgrades to the administration and Middle Primary classrooms
- A new three-storey building housing Upper Primary classrooms and a library
- ‘Wirrkuta Trukku’ – a new Activity Hall incorporating one multiuse undercover court, OSHC area and offices, kitchen facilities, art room, sports offices and change rooms – providing a much-needed area for assemblies, Chapels and student performances as well as an undercover sporting area adjoining the oval and playgrounds, and
- A Gymnasium with two full-sized courts, change rooms, learning areas, weights room, movement to music room, staff areas and café – featuring increased natural light, modern equipment and aesthetic views over the oval and providing Physical Education staff and students with more flexibility in learning programs.
Sarah’s scope included the deconstruction of several outdated buildings included the old library and art centre.
Despite the constraints of working within an operational educational environment, Sarah’s team developed a collaborative and respectful relationship with the College’s personnel, and the project was delivered without disruption to students or staff.
Concordia’s Director of Business Operations says the entire College community are enjoying their new home: “The staff and students are loving the improved facilities which provide access to indoor and outdoor areas. Thanks to Sarah Constructions and the consultants who have made this vision a reality.”
The redevelopment was officially opened with a celebration in September 2023.
Concordia College recommend Sarah Constructions for their work on our recent major building projects. Their commitment to the early design input was evident, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of our needs. They skillfully navigated alternate designs, demonstrating flexibility and creative problem-solving.
Sarahs exhibited a level of innovation, particularly in addressing unexpected challenges, showcasing their dedication to delivering high-quality results. Their eagerness to sustain our vision was apparent at every stage. Sarahs actively sought feedback, making adjustments as needed to align with our goals. Collaboration with our team and other stakeholders was always available, contributing significantly to the project’s success.
In terms of overall project delivery, the completed building projects exceeded our expectations. Their attention to detail and a proactive approach to
unforeseen issues showcased their professionalism.