- Design and Construct - Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP)
- $16 Million
‘Playford Alive’ sits to the north of Adelaide and is one of the largest urban renewal projects in Australia. Sarah was engaged to build a large shopping destination, anchored by Woolworths. The centre also includes a BWS, 18 specialty food and non-food tenancies, a plaza area and a 370-space car park with shade infrastructure providing protection for shoppers.
Building something fresh for the residents of Playford
With 6,450m2 of new retail outlets and generous alfresco café and dining options throughout, it won’t take long for the Woolworths Shopping Centre to become the “place to be” for the residents of Playford.
Sarah completed the building work well ahead of schedule, despite losing 18 days due to inclement weather; a testament to solid project scheduling.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- Price and program. Material selections were made that saved money and sped up the project time frame whilst retaining design intent.
- Project commenced on 30% documentation Sarah managed development of design to maintain compliance to Woolworths control plans whilst achieving Fabcot design intent for the centre.
- Regular communication ensured Woolworths were kept up to date – confidence in Sarah delivery game the client certainty to instead focus thier efforts on other projects.
- Project was very well received and completed ahead of schedule.
- Experienced design team that provided feasible, cost-effective and creative solutions whilst retaining design intent for Fabcot.
- Upfront procedures strictly adhered too, created a seamless build.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions