Anglicare, All Hallows
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Construction Management converted to Fixed Price
- $17 Million
Anglicare’s All Hallows is a 76-bed aged care facility in Westbourne Park that brings a flexible range of services to meet individuals’ needs.
The All Hallows facility includes a commercial kitchen, consulting rooms, hairdressing salon, commercial laundry, landscaped courtyard gardens and 5-hole mini golf course. Sarah was also engaged as building consultant to finalise design work prior to building.
Jewel in the crown for the elderly.
The facility has concrete slab footings with a reinforced concrete slab on structural steel beams. The building features a metal deck roof and rendered masonry to external walls. A stunning spiral staircase and curved bridge in the main atrium makes All Hallows unlike any other aged care home.
It is one of the reasons why it became known as the ‘jewel in the crown’ among Anglicare staff. During construction, the team at Sarah undertook a process to identify defects, allowing issues to be rectified early and avoid delays.
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- The three different groups using the facility required excellent coordination to incorporate their varying needs into the design.
- Operational facility. Sarah ensured strategic planning was implemented to successfully minimise impact on patients through construction.
- Site logistics were difficult on the narrow site with single access. Sarah used forward thinking, and drew from prior experience to provide an ‘outside the box’ cost saving result.
- Excellent quality and extremely fast build time.
- Tight budget. Sarah implemented smart decisions to ensure that the budget was met.
- All three user groups very happy with their space. Sarah ensured this outcome through regular engagement with all groups.
- Delivered certainty and reassurance through excellent on-going communication.
- Implemented a range of project “smarts” to make project happen regardless of challenges.
- Sarah included ‘future proofing’ into the end project by including services to allow for further growth.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions