Life Care, Life Care Reynella
- Life Care
- Aged Care / Retirement Living
- Fixed Price
- $5 Million
Reynella Village reflects Life Care’s commitment to community environments that provide residents with opportunities to embrace life. In the recent upgrade of their existing facilities at Reynella, Sarah Constructions delivered a two storey, 31 bedroom aged care extension, with resident dining, staff medical storage areas, training rooms and lunch room.
The construction project forms part of Life Care’s commitment to building Integrated Communities where older Australians can have an innovative and positive experience, enjoying life every day.
The Sarah team’s planning and preparation, combined with total dedication to delivery, resulted in project completion three weeks ahead of schedule. The project was successfully delivered with minimal impact to the client’s existing operations. The new facility has been positively received by both staff and residents.
Throughout the entire project, Sarah Constructions provide a service of the highest standard. From establishing the site, maintaining appropriate and adequate communication throughout the project, ensuring safety policies and procedures were followed by every person on site (their focus in this area was second-to-none), right through to providing ongoing assurance that they were both listening to our needs and delivering on them, I can’t speak highly enough of the Sarah Constructions team…
Overall, the experience that Sarah provided exceeded our expectations and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for other similar projects.
Peter Bermoser, Manager - Construction & Facilities, Life Care
Design Challenges and Creative Solutions
- The undocumented discovery of substantial rock threatened to delay the project by several weeks, as additional civil works were required. The Sarah team and subcontractors pulled out all the stops to meet the revised completion date, in the end finishing 3.5 weeks ahead of schedule.
- Due to limited design documentation, the Sarah team provided considerable redesign solutions to achieve a suitable construction outcome within the desired timeframe.
- A series of scheduled power outages were necessary to upgrade electrical and hydraulic infrastructure. Close collaboration with the client to establish a detailed execution plan was imperative in order ensure minimal disruption to operations and residents.
- A new extension, providing luxury views of the adjacent Oval from the facility’s high end accommodation, plus a walkout balcony in the upstairs dining area with great views from the common areas.
- The unexpected ground issues posing a threat to the client’s schedule were resolved with a fast-tracked programme that didn’t compromise quality.
- By finishing sooner than planned, the client completed their fit out earlier, resulting in a solid 3-4 week handover. This gave staff several weeks to get everything ready for residents to move in.
- To avoid disturbance, works were restricted to suitable times with scheduled down-time in the middle of the day, so as not to inconvenience the staff and residents.
- Sarah’s excellent people management skills and collaborative approach ensured the programme could be fast-tracked without jeopardising quality. By increasing human resources and working extended hours and weekends, the team was able to reduce delays caused by the unscheduled civil works.
Make an appointment to discuss your next project with Sarah Constructions